Mental Health Services
Florida State Hospital
Florida State Hospital Employee Charitable Campaign
The Florida State Employees' Charitable Campaign is the only state sanctioned charity drive among state employees in the workplace. The campaign provides employees an opportunity to contribute to the charity of their choice through payroll deduction and fund-raising events. United Way serves as the fiscal agent for the Campaign and is responsible for distributing the funds to the designated charities.
In support of the Department's community-based core values, the Florida State Hospital Employee Charitable Campaign consistently is a top performer in annual contributions and employee participation among the Department's facilities.
- Established internal system for managing the Florida State Employee Charitable Campaign in 1997 that continues today.
- Increased annual contributions from $7,614 in 1994 to $107,637 in 2008, with the highest contribution of $120,568 in 2007(includes DCF and APD employees).
- Contributions increased an average of $5,798 over goal for the past 11 years, 1998 through 2008.
- Significant increase in Special Events incorporated into campaign resulted in an increase in contributions from $514 in 1998 to over $17,804 in 2007, with contributions totaling $2,637 for 2008.
- Employee participation has averaged 45% since 1996.
Florida State Hospital Volunteer Services historically is a leader at coordinating and providing support to enhance services for the residents. Through public/private partnerships the value of volunteer services goods and donations for Fiscal Year 2007-08 totaled $3,745,303. Volunteer Services facilitates and supports Florida State Hospital programs and services to include Family Day, Holiday Activities, Spring Games, Religious Services, Gift Shop, Horticultural Therapy, Library Services, Tours, and a Clothing Store. The department partners with the community to provide support for Hospital and community activities. Florida State Hospital participates in Gadsden Countyâ€™s STEP UP, FLORIDA, Take a Child to Work, and City of Chattahoochee celebrations. Conversely, the community participates and supports Hospital activities such as the annual Halloween Parade and Fall Festival. Volunteer Services has partnered with the Gadsden County School system, Jackson County School system, and private schools providing mentors to assist the community to improve student performance. The department is also responsible for coordination of the very successful Florida State Employee Charitable Campaign at FSH. The Volunteer Services Coordinator serves on the Allocation Committee for the United Way of Gadsden County.
Are YOU ready to volunteer?