Preserving Families & Fostering Connections
- Extend Title IV-E Waiver for five years to September 30, 2016
- Assess feasibility of implementing the Fostering Connections to Success and Increasing Adoptions Act of 2008, and prepare a state legislative proposal to :
- Extend foster care to age 21
- Implement a Guardianship Assistance Program (GAP) and transition from the current Relative Caregiver Program to the new program
- Extend maintenance adoption subsidy (MAS) to age 21
The Preserving Families and Fostering Connections (PFFC) Steering Committee is made up of representatives from the Florida Department of Children and Families, child welfare service providers and community based care lead agencies.