DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN AND FAMILIES ANNOUNCES $72 MILLION
IN GRANTS TO HELP HOMELESS ACROSS FLORIDA
~ More than 300 local projects will be funded with federal grant money ~
TALLAHASSEE, FLA. – The Department of Children and Families announces nearly $72 million in grants that will help keep the doors open at local homeless shelters, find housing for those living on the streets and provide programs to help those who are homeless.
The grants, funded through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, will renew funding for 331 local homeless housing projects across Florida for this year.
"These grants play an important role in providing job training, health care, substance abuse treatment and child care," said Department Secretary David Wilkins. "This funding is critical to helping people find housing and is a crucial part of our state's plan to be a national leader in battling homelessness."
The money will support programs that provide transitional and permanent housing dedicated to helping those who are homeless. The largest award is almost $28 million to fund 86 projects in Miami-Dade County.
The funding is broken down by regional continuums of care. The full list of grants awarded to individual programs is attached.
- Sarasota, Bradenton, Manatee County: $686,844
- Tampa, Hillsborough County: $4,739,134
- St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Largo, Pinellas: $3,798,243
- Lakeland: $1,147,842
- Daytona Beach, Daytona, Volusia, Flagler: $1,281,650
- Fort Walton Beach, Okaloosa County, Walton County: $61,853
- Tallahassee, Leon County: $877,467
- Orlando, Orange County, Osceola County, Seminole County: $5,151,630
- Gainesville, Alachua County, Putnam County: $656,188
- Fort Pierce, St. Lucie County, Indian River County, Martin County: $1,141,944
- Jacksonville, Duval County, Clay County: $4,238,930
- Pensacola Escambia County, Santa Rosa County: $948,202
- Saint Johns County: $152,400
- Palm Bay, Melbourne, Brevard County: $860,271
- Ocala, Marion County: $250,430
- Panama City, Bay County, Jackson County: $45,222
- Winter Haven, Polk County: $195,138
- Hendry County, Hardee County, Highlands County: $201,534
- Columbia County, Hamilton County, Lafayette County, Suwanee County: $157,935
- Pasco County: $203,733
- Citrus County, Hernando County, Lake County, Sumter County: $270,863
- Miami, Dade County: $27,668,372
- Fort Lauderdale, Broward County: $9,555,151
- Punta Gorda, Charlotte County: $220,643
- Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Lee County: $2,141,034
- Monroe County: $474,563
- West Palm Beach, Palm Beach County: $4,521,231
- Naples, Collier County: $330,761
- TOTAL: $71,982,208
Florida Renewal Grant Awards